Sunday, August 4, 2013

MY PICTURES

Have I mentioned I love taking pictures?  One day, I would like to take a photography class, just to improve.  I don't want to be a professional photographer, but just to enhance the beauty of my personal photos.  Here are some of my favorite ones, ones that I have taken recently.


I just like the look of pathways in the midst of the forest.



How can you not think this is adorable?  A squirrel was consumed with its food it didn't notice me driving by and snapping the photo.  I did stop, by the way.  I'm not reckless!


During a severe thunderstorm, two baby birds and a hatching egg fell from the nest.  I placed all three birds back in the nest.  Unfortunately, later that day, two of the birds fell again and died.  I don't know what happened to the third bird.  But, as I took this picture, I was reminded that all new life is fragile and precious, whether it is a baby bird, or a baby human.  We must take great care of our animals and children.


I just love water.  Waterfalls, creeks, rivers, ponds, lakes, the ocean.  Water has a way of restoring peace to my soul, and I am reminded of the verse that peace will wash over me, just like a river.


I was on my way downtown, to a huge craft fair.  I crossed a bridge, and happened to look over the side.  I couldn't escape this rare photo opportunity.  I tried several times to get a better photo of the duck and ducklings, but they kept swimming away from me.  I think they were trying to hide!


Have I mentioned that I love water?  This is one of my favorite pictures, and it was taken the same day as the ducks.  I truly believe God loves beauty and water just as much as I do.


Okay, I couldn't pass this up.  An old water wheel.  I reminds me of a past we are so quick to forget; a past that reminds us of how far we have come and how much we have lost.


I couldn't help but take a picture of this little beggar.  


Sunsets are a beautiful and wonderful thing, aren't they?  If we stay outside long enough, if we pause just long enough, we can be reminded of everything the Lord has in store for us, all in a sunset.













1 comment:

  1. Thanks Stacey. Great pics. Love that beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete