Sunday, October 6, 2013

STRUGGLING TO ENDURE

STRUGGLING TO ENDURE


Philippians 3:14

I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.

I do not have endurance.  When things get too hard, I tend to quit.  However, God is building endurance in me.  I have learned to endure through financial struggles, emotional healing, and through physical pain.  I must develop endurance to survive this life.

One of the hardest things to do is returning to school as an adult.  During this time of my life, I am sometimes tempted to give up.  I simply cannot succeed in school.  At least, not by my standards.  My grades prove otherwise.  However, I am committed to finishing it.

I keep in mind my goal, that this is what the Lord has called me to do.  I want to be in His will.  He is guiding me, and He will continue to sustain me.  Everything He has promised will one day (pretty soon I hope) come true.

I am going where He leads me.  And, one day, I will gain the prize that the Lord has promised me.

Are there times you feel like giving up?  Keep your eyes on the prize, the promise Jesus has given you.

Lord, sometimes I feel like giving up.  Sometimes, it is just too hard to continue.  Lord, fill me with Your assurance.  Lead me and sustain me.  In Your  name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment