Sunday, October 14, 2012

I AM UNFAITHFUL


I AM UNFAITHFUL

James 4:4 and 5
Adulterers!  Don't you know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God?  So whoever wants to be the world's friend becomes God's enemy.  Or do you think it's without reason the Scripture says that the Spirit who lives in us yearns jealously?

I am a spiritual adulteress.  Sometimes, I just can't help it.  I live in this world.  This is my home.  Why can't I do what the rest are doing?  This life is all I know.

Because God calls me His bride, I am spiritually His wife.  And so are any who love Him.  The church herself is the bride of Christ.  We are married to Him, upon our moment of faith.

What does a spouse desire?  To please the other.  We should long to please our Husband, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Once we become saved, our home is no longer here on earth.  Our laws are not from here.  We belong in God's eternal home and kingdom. 

Why do I constantly forget my home is not on earth?  I catch myself longing for the things of this world instead of desiring the things of my future home.

This worldly longing is adultery in God's eyes.  He wants us to be committed to Him, just like those who are married should be committed to their spouse.  He is our Spouse.  May we remain committed to Him, and not seek a separation from Him, who has loved us enough to die for us.

How can you be more committed to the Lord Jesus?  Let's guard our hearts and minds.  Keep our eyes fixed on our first love.

Lord, I repent of my sin of adultery.  Forgive me, and help me to remain even more committed to You.  I love You, Lord.  In Your precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment