Friday, November 9, 2012

HALF-FULL VERSUS HALF-EMPTY





This glass is half full.  Or is it half empty?  What would you say?

If you say half full, you're an optimist.  If you say half empty, you're a pessimist.

Yet, I wonder. . .

What is the story behind this glass of water?  I need more information before I say whether it's half full or half empty.

HALF FULL

Did someone fill it to half way?  For instance, when I get a drink of water, sometimes I don't want a full glass. But yet, I don't want a small drink either.  Half full is perfect.  So, I fill my glass half way with water.  So, if the person behind the glass wanted the glass half full, then I will say this glass is half full.


HALF EMPTY

Did someone drink from it?  Just today, I drank a glass of water.  And I left it half empty.  So, if the person drank from it, then I will say this glass is half empty.


So, now that you know my view, what would you call me?  An optimist?  A pessimist?  Or someone who is somewhere in between?



No comments:

Post a Comment