Friday, November 29, 2013

SO BEHIND!

I used to be so good at keeping up with writing to my kids.  Now, since I've been in school, I just don't have much time to respond to letters.  I am finding that emailing a response is much quicker than hand writing a letter.  I hope my kids understand why I am so late in writing to them, and that they are not disappointed with finding no little goodies in the envelope.  It's been a couple weeks, and I now have six letters to respond to.
I also am having a hard time emailing them once a month.  I can't believe it'll be almost December, and I still don't have anything to write about.  Maybe I should take a break from writing them, but then, I feel guilty about missing a month.  And I just can't miss a month.  I keep seeing Kajal's words in my mind; "I look forward to your letters every month."  I can't disappoint them.  I may delay responding to their letters, but I have to keep my monthly letters.  Here are just a few highlights from the letters that I have to respond to:

Guian Carlos in Peru:  I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 13.  I tell you that at Christmas time I decorate my house and I also set up a Christmas tree and I listen to Christmas carols.

Praise God that he is a Christian!  His Christmas traditions sound a lot like America's, doesn't it?

Kajal in Bangladesh: When I am sick our teachers and madam take me to doctor for treatment.

I am so glad that Compassion takes such good care of our children!

Samuel in Kenya: Samuel says that he loves Jesus and he asks whether you love Him too?  He says he prays all the time for you.

Another one who loves Jesus!  I just love it!

Peace in Rwanda:  I love you so much and am happy with you.

Aw!  So sweet!  She is definitely beginning to open up.

Mickelene in Haiti; I sing very often in a group that is called United Hearts.  I don't sing in solo.  Do you used to sing in a group as well?

I'm glad she is active in her church.  People would not pay to hear me sing;  in fact, they would pay NOT to hear me sing!  Sorry, Mickelene!




No comments:

Post a Comment