Monday, June 24, 2013

AFFLICTIONS AND BLESSINGS

AFFLICTIONS AND BLESSINGS

Deuteronomy 8:16
He fed you in the wilderness with manna that your fathers had not known, in order to humble and test you, so that in the end He might cause you to prosper.

I have been humbled and tested through afflictions.  Humbled by the Lord's care of me.  Tested by neverending troubles.
A couple years later, and I am just learning all the good things Jesus has in store for me.  Last year, it seemed as if God was telling me to rest and relax, to enjoy life, that the difficult time was finally over.  This year, the message seems to be prepare and to move, that there is more ahead.
So many good things seem to be happening to me as I continue to seek and obey God.  Most recently, I am experiencing His blessings.  Jesus is causing me to prosper.  Right here, right now.  I am enjoying the outpouring of His blessings.  I do not deserve them, especially after I have doubted Him and considered rejecting Him.  Yet, He still chooses to bless me.
I know there will be more troubles.  This is life.  When they do come, I will hold onto this promise; JEsus is going to feed me in the wilderness.  He is going to humble and test me.  And, in the end, He will cause me to prosper.
Consider your past troubles.  Do you see His feeding you?  Do you remember His testing of you?  Have you experienced your own time of prosperity? Rejoice.  Jesus is still caring for you, whether you are experiencing a troubling or prosperous time.

Jesus, thank You for all You have done for me.  I am forever grateful to You.  When troubles come, I ask that You will open my eyes to Your care and feeding of me.  When prosperity comes, I ask that You keep me humble and grateful.  In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment