Monday, June 24, 2013

LOOKING FORWARD

LOOKING FORWARD

John 14:3
If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.

Nothing gets me excited about the future than this verse.  Jesus is returning!
The thought of Jesus returning fills me with joyful anticipation.  One day, He will set all things right.  He will conquer Satan and call the faithful to Him.  What a joyous day that will be!
What do I really look forward to about Jesus' return?  Meeting Him in person.  To see Him.  To hear Him.  To be welcomed by Him.
I truly believe that within every Christian, there is a joyful anticipation.  Each of us has a place in His kingdom, here and in the future.  He welcomes each of us.  And He will one day return and welcome us to Him.
What feelings are invoked in you at Jesus' return?  Excitement, anticipation, relief?  Is it fear or uncertainty?  If it is excitement or anticipation, rejoice in His promise.  If it is fear or uncertainty, open your heart to Him and ask Him for that assurance.

Lord, I praise You for Your promise of Your return.  Continue to prepare me for that glorious day.  In Your name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment