Sunday, September 9, 2012

BLESSED ASSURANCE

I write devotionals and I email them to friends and family.  I also post it on Our Compassion.  For those who enjoy reading devotionals but are not on OC, I will post them on here as well.  

When I was asked to write devotionals for my church's website, I had no idea of how the Lord was going to use it.  I remember confiding in my small group that I hoped it would expand into something bigger.  I desire to glorify the Lord through these devotionals; in fact, in all my writing.   This is just the next step in God's bigger plans for the gift He has given me.  I am completely humbled with every one that I share.  God is using me to help encourage others in their own walk with Jesus.  Hardly is there one left without someone saying, "This is just what I needed!"  I can only pray that the Lord uses my gift to expand His kingdom. 

The Lord is also using my readers to reassure me that I am using my gift for Him.  And He is using these same readers to affirm my ministry.  I no longer have any doubts that this is what He has called me to.  And it is my joy and honor to share my writing with you.

Before I post my newest devotional here, I want to share with you my story.
As many of you know from my earlier post about letter writing, I express myself more through writing.  When I write, the words just flow out.  The words I wanted to use are right before my eyes and haven't been trapped somewhere in my brain.  When I write my devotionals, this is my way of thinking, of releasing my innermost thoughts.  It's kind of like a journal.  

I invite you to come along for my journey of faith.  

Please, let me know if it has helped you.


Blessed Assurance


John 14:2 and 3
In My Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am.

Oh, how my heart yearns to live with Jesus for all eternity!  Just imagine.  All our pain will be gone.  Sins will be erased and remembered no more.  We can talk and laugh with Jesus.  Just like with any family member, I'm sure there will be lots of teasing and fun.  All of our questions will be answered.  Our joy will be complete.

When I first accepted Jesus, I doubted my salvation  Surely it wasn't that easy.  I had to earn salvation, didn't I?  My doubt grew to assurance very quickly.  The more I knew fellow Christians, the more I knew I had a place in Heaven.  Such blessed freedom.  I didn't have to earn salvation.  Jesus offers it freely.  It was He who paid the price to earn our salvation for us.  don't you just want to meet Him in person and thank Him face to face?  I know I do.  I don't think there will be enough time in eternity to express our gratitude.
The thing I find amazing is. . . There's enough room for everyone!  From the least to the greatest, Heaven won't be too small or too big.  There will plenty of room.  We won't feel crowded.  We won't feel overlooked.  We will each have a place.  We are each welcomed.

Do you have this assurance?  If you do, spend a few minutes talking to Jesus about your future home.  Plan it together with Him.

If you don't, I invite you to pray and ask Jesus to give you this assurance.  Friend, your eternal life is promised.

Jesus, thank You for preparing a home for me.  I look forward to spending eternity with You.  Prepare our souls for our future home.  In Your name, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing and for advocating for Compassion! I am so excited about this blogging challenge and appreciate the opportunity to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathleen. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thanks for sharing! John 14:2 and 3 is such a powerful piece of scripture. I am going to send it to my sponsor children, I am sure there are times when some of them have felt neglected or forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I'm glad it'll help you and your kids.

    ReplyDelete