Sunday, September 16, 2012

MY GOD MOMENT


I was at Uprise Festival this weekend.  For those not around PA, Uprise is a Christian music festival much like Creation.  Jeremy Camp, Sanctus Real, and Toby Mac were among the few that played.  Tony Noland was the speaker for both nights.  Uprise is held in Shippensburg, PA, for two days and nights.  More like one afternoon, one day, and two nights.  

Anyway, I was in the long building where you can meet the bands and buy stuff and donate to different charities.  I collect key chains.  I have since I was a teenager.  Most of them have since been lost or broken or given away.  I stopped at one that was selling Scripture keychains.  They are metal with rubber around them.  Very pretty.  I started digging and found three.  One was Jeremiah 29:11, one was Isaiah 41:10, and the other one was from Philippians.  It said, I thank my God for every remembrance of you.  Well, I thought of Anabell.  I have an opportunity thanks to Hannah to send some gifts to her and Jazmin.  For those who don't know, Anabell is my grateful child, for I sponsored her out of gratitude for all the Lord has done for me over the years.  And this verse in Philippians is one that I think of Anabell whenever I read it.  I only wanted two key chains, so I needed to put one back.  I thought, "I don't know if people in Honduras uses key chains."  I put it back.  After I paid for them and placed the rings on the keychains (you had to option of a necklace or a keychain), I discovered that I had really put the Jeremiah 29:11 back.  Well, I could've just turned around and asked to switch them.  Instead, I smiled and prayed, "Well, Lord, I guess You're trying to tell me to send this to Anabell."  It is now in the ziploc bag I am quickly filling up.

What has been your God moment?  

No comments:

Post a Comment